The OES visited Wesley Chapel on May 9, 2004. The chapel is located in the Wesley Chapel Cemetery along Dublin Road in Hilliard, a suburb of Columbus. Wesley Chapel was originally constructed in 1839, being rebuilt in 1854 and then again in 1891, as a Methodist church. Even though it has been over 100 years since the last rebuild, the chapel seemed to be in excellent condition. There were several stained glass windows, the largest being on the side of the chapel that faces the cemetery. The chapel was locked on the day of our visit, so we could not take any interior photos. We have since learned that the building is no longer used as a religious gathering place other than for funerals. It now serves as a banquet hall where fundraisers and other events are held.
Thanks to Sean McHenry for the additional information.
Location Information: Active Cemetery
Wesley Chapel is located at 3225 Dublin Road in Hilliard; Franklin County.