The OES visited Pisgah Cemetery on July 13, 2007. Established in 1852, there are 185 parishioners of the Pisgah Church that once stood next to the cemetery buried within. When the cemetery was founded, the intersection of State Routes 256 and 204 were merely country lanes. Today it is a major bustling intersection that marks the northern boundary of Pickerington. In June 2007, the cemetery underwent a restoration project and a new metal gate was installed. We visited the cemetery just before the sign was raised into place. Most of the standing tombstones on our visit were in excellent shape, only a few were broken or illegible. There are a few veterans of the Civil War buried in the cemetery. A new shopping center was built immediately east of the cemetery in 2013-14. A white vinyl fence was installed to separate the cemetery grounds from the new development. The City of Pickerington now maintains the cemetery.
Location Information: Inactive Cemetery [Safe]
Pisgah Cemetery is located at the intersection of State Routes 256 and 204 in Pickerington; Fairfield County.