The OES visited the Groveport Road House on May 28, 2003. Built in 1922, this house sat along Groveport Road between Obetz and Groveport. As we entered the home, we noticed the previous occupants had left a lot of little things behind, like records, jars of food, and school books. We thought it was funny that unopened packets of Nicorette were laying in a bedroom right next to an empty pack of Winston's. It's always interesting to see these things knowing that this empty house was once full of life. Some life remained in the home, unknown to us at the time. When reviewing photos of the house, we discovered a huge raccoon was lurking in the attic as we explored just underneath it. Check out the photo below. As usual of abandoned houses, this home's basement was a total mess, complete with feces on the floor. The property was bought in 2002 by Schmidt Development Company and was demolished in 2005 to make way for a new neighborhood.