The OES visited Blackburn Bridge on June 23, 2002. Originally spanning Brannon's Fork near Young Hickory in Muskingum County, this 56-foot bridge was built in 1855 at a total cost of $378. Being dismantled and moved in the 1960s due to strip mining, a man named Arthur Wesner purchased the bridge. In 1967, Blackburn Bridge was re-erected on Wesner's land along Big Run in Franklin Township. He later donated the bridge to the park systems, where it now stands in Slate Run Metro Park. It appears to be in wonderful shape and is currently being used on a nature trail to cross a ditch. Blackburn Bridge is of the Multiple Kingpost Truss type, the most common type in Ohio.