The OES visited Williamsville Cemetery on July 30, 2003. Located in Delaware County, just off US Route 23, Williamsville Cemetery also contains Patterson Cemetery (also known as McCloud Cemetery). The original Patterson Cemetery was dug up in 1970 when Alum Creek was dammed, and moved to Williamsville Cemetery. The section where the Patterson sign is located is where the transplanted graves are located. The original Patterson Cemetery was founded in 1834 and Williamsville Cemetery may have been established around 1836. The oldest tombstone in the combined cemetery that we could find at the time of our visit was Thomas Patterson's. Thomas died on March 13, 1835. There were several veterans buried here who served in the Civil War and some later wars. A couple of markers simply stated "unknown," which were most likely transplants from Patterson Cemetery whose original markers were not found or illegible. The majority of the tombstones were in good shape, but there were plenty that were damaged, either by weather or vandalism. During our visits to the cemetery, several OES members heard some unexplainable footsteps in the wooded area that was located behind the cemetery. The footsteps were heard both during a day trips and a night trip. There are no known hauntings in the area. A residential neighborhood and some commercial development began in the area surrounding the cemetery in 2008. Hopefully this doesn't spell demise for this once-rural and quiet cemetery.