The OES visited Ray Watkins Cemetery on November 27, 2001. We originally thought this was Stimmel Cemetery, but later found otherwise. Located off of Parsons Avenue in far-south Columbus, Ray Watkins Cemetery was founded in 1830. The oldest tombstones we found dated to 1856, so some graves may now be unmarked. The township cares for the cemetery and it seems very well taken care of. The heavy iron gate at the rear of the cemetery was broken and held in place by a few pieces of wire. Most of the remaining tombstones were in decent condition, although there were a few that were broken or knocked over. Thanks goes to the helpful gentleman at Fisher's Greenhouse for the information and permission to photograph the cemetery.