The OES visited Scioto-Strader Cemetery on October 18, 2002. Although the cemetery was founded in 1888, the oldest tombstone in the cemetery dated to 1825. It could be possible that some graves were relocated here from other cemeteries. Scioto-Strader encompasses about five acres and was generally in good shape, as it has been cared for by township trustees since 1920. Many of the tombstones dated from the late-1800s to the mid-1900s. There was a small vault built into the side of a hill where bodies were stored throughout the winter so they could be buried in warmer weather when the ground was thawed. Unfortunately, the cemetery was heavily vandalized a few years after our visit. Through hard work and dedication, volunteers were able to restore most of the cemetery.