The OES visited Gundy Cemetery on May 6, 2001. We found this old cemetery off of Norton Road, just south of Oakhurst Golf. We were not quite sure what the name of the cemetery was, thinking it might be Yates Family Cemetery due to the extremely high number of Yates buried there, but we later discovered its name was actually Gundy Cemetery. The oldest tombstone we found belonged to Mary Gundy, who was born in 1762 and died in 1828. Records indicate the oldest burial dates to 1822, so that may be when the cemetery was founded. Records also stated there were several unmarked burials at the cemetery. Most of the headstones were in good condition at the time of our visit. Several veterans from the War of 1812 and the Civil War call Gundy Cemetery their eternal resting place.