The OES visited Greencastle Cemetery on July 30, 2007. The cemetery sits about 100 yards behind an old church and a municipal building in the small hamlet of Greencastle. Although there were a few tombstones that were illegible or broken, most were in good condition and could easily be read. According to records, there were 98 marked graves and several unmarked graves in the cemetery in the 1940s. The earliest recorded burial took place in 1818, so the cemetery could have been founded sometime near then. The last recorded burial took place in 1916. There are veterans from the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, and the Civil War buried at the cemetery. Click the link below to view photos of all the standing tombstones at the time of our visit.

Location Information: Inactive Cemetery [Safe]
Photographs