The OES visited Denison University Cemetery on June 11, 2001. Also known as College Hill Cemetery, it was established in the 1850s. There were a couple of recognizable names there, one being Talbot. One of the original buildings on the Denison University campus called Talbot Hall burned to the ground many years ago. The new biology science building is Samson Talbot Hall. The other recognizable name was Chamberlain; who had an odd inscription at the top of his tombstone. The inscription read, "Fear Not to Sow Because of the Birds And Thorns." An old frat house on the campus' North Quad is named after Chamberlain. The oldest readable date of death we found on a tombstone was that of Ebenezer Bland, who died at 21 years of age in 1857.

Location Information: Inactive Cemetery [Safe]
Photographs