The OES visited the Old Colony Burying Ground on June 11, 2001. Located on South Main Street in Granville this cemetery, with hundreds of tombstones, was established in 1805. Most of the tombstones were in decent shape, but some were just piles of ruble. A sign stated that the cemetery was being restored at the time of our visit. There are veterans from the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and the Civil War buried in the cemetery. The first burials took place in 1806, but the oldest tombstone we could find dated to 1813. There were two recognizable names in the cemetery. Timothy Rose was the first Deacon in the church and a main player in establishing Granville. There was a flag on his grave indicating he was a veteran, but we weren't sure of which war. He died on November 27, 1813 at 51 years of age. The second recognizable name was Jesse Munson who was a primary pioneer, helping to establish Granville. He died on April 27, 1813, seven months to the day before Rose.